Mittwoch, 16. September 2009

Thank You

There is one thing 
I just do miss
Only one thing that I can’t resist 
It is your love 
It is your love 
And I long for your embrace 
You know that I need you so much my love, my dear
I just need you here, I just need to say one thing to you 

I need to thank you 
Because I feel your love 
The darkness in my heart 
For a moment apart 
You keep me inside your wings 

You know that I love you 
So much that it makes me cry
Never one goodbye 
Listen to my lullaby 

You know that there are no words 
To say how much you mean 
to me 
No words to express 

This is for you 
You are my friend 
You know you can count on me 
The way I do, counting on you
I do need you 
I care for you 
I don’t want to live without you 

Can you feel my soul?
It is safe by your side
Like a butterfly 
Beauty in your eye
Always you and I 

I need to thank you 
Because I feel your love 
All the tears I cried
You just made them die 
You keep me inside your mind

And when I was down 
You knew how to make me smile 
Like in a fairytale, you dedicated me your life
I just don’t know how to give you that love back again 
Oh I have to thank you for walking with me this hard road 

I’ll keep you with me inside my heart, closed, warm 
I’ll never leave you alone on your path 
You are my shining star 
Coming from afar 
I’m gonna raise a tune 
To make the scar 
Bleed and jar 
There’s no escape out of that damn state I’m in 
And I will begin to raise my voice out to you

I love you 

Please don’t cry for me
I’m thankful to be 
By your side 
In your life 
I do love you 

 ... 

This song is for the most amazing people I've met in my life. It is a lovesong for my friends in Germany, who I had to leave, because I moved to Lisbon. It's a very personal and important song for me and I think the lyrics speak for themselves.