Mittwoch, 16. September 2009

Schizoprenia

There have been a couple of people asking me what this song is about. In fact, there is a lot of space for intepretation.
I wanted to make a song that shows what this mental illness is about. Not because I am schizophrenic, but because I have a fascination about psychology and personal disorders. One day I was walking around and I thought about schizophrenia. I made a couple of researches and I thought that it was very interesting to think about how these people feel like.
So I thought about making this song and I started to record all these different "lalala"'s. It starts by one single persona and from time to time more and more appear. In between of those "lalala"'s, you can hear some different things, like "piece of shit" and "kill yourself". Those aspects show how a schizophrenic person has to deal with the disease, by being forced by someone else, to act in a way they do not want to. In the end of the song there are all these different sounds overlapping and it stops apruptly, which can show the death or the new beginning of that person.
But as I said, there is a lot of space for interpretation. You can say that this song reflects how I stand in between of a lot of different things. I was born in Germany as a son of portuguese immigrants, so there is already this double culture and also the point, that I do belong to both of the places and that I probably would not be happy if I would just live in one place. I would always miss the other one.
You can also say, that this song talks about my bisexuality. I do not want to make a decision whether I want to have a girl- or a boyfriend, because I feel attracted to both of the sexes. There are some more points that show me in between of two (or more) different things. So this song could be about my difficulty of making a decision or the difficulty of living as being a bi-person (not just as bisexual, but as bicultural and so on).
A good friend of mine also said that this song could show the society we live in nowadays. It shows how a routine exists by the way that we live. We are born, go to school, we work and have our daily routine. It shows how mad this whole situation is. In fact, some people want to escape out of this routine, but unfortunately they can't and this is what is making us crazy.